We got a chuckle from this from our good friends at r / Portekiz on Reddit. Onun 100% correct.
A few notes that jumped out at us:
- Most of the Alentejo is a Desert which sadly is true.
- Leira area is very prideful that they kicked the Spanish king ass and sent him back to Madrid
- Hot Foreigners in Algarve … umm no more like half-naked Brits who drink a lot
- Porto is home of the northern master race of… Wine Makers
- Aveiro is Venice. Don’t come, turistler, you’ll ruin it like you did Venice
- We have Jews here (thank gosh. the New Yorker in me misses them) but only in pockets …” something… something” Inquisition.
- Cristiano Ronaldo owns Maderia and the hearts of Portugal. Say his name in vain and prepare to be punched.
- Want free land go to the north. Free whole towns but no running anything (water, electric, Internet, people)
- And yes in the north people listen to Spanish radio and TV. Honestly northern Galican Portuguese sounds like Galician Spanish. Half the food is the same and I would have an issue picking them out of a crowd.
- To Portuguese, Galicia = Good Brother, Rest of Spain = Evil Brother, England = Rich (occasional houseguest) Uncle, France = Wealthy/Snobbish Uncle, USA = Cool Cousin, Germany = Germaphobe third-cousin, Chinese = Rich visitor never says hi, Japan = Nice visitor always says hi but very quiet