Blanca ve ben seyahatleri boyunca Portekiz aşık. Aşık kolay oldu, özellikle Lizbon ile. Her biri Lizbon mahalleler Kendi ruhu olan, the Portekizli kahve inanılmaz, the Portekiz hayat pahalılığı düşük, and the people here are wonderful. We started coming here 6 yıllar önce ve bizim 3 aylık turist vizesi dolmuş her zaman gibiydi, we wanted to stay. On the last trip back to Yeni York, I leaned over to Blanca and said:
“Let’s just make Lisbon our home and stop this leaving every 90 days.”
She agreed and we decided to begin the process for a residency visa. It’s not a fun process but once it’s done and you pass your interview you are eligible to stay in Portugal for a year. So, tamamen buna değer olduğunu.
I decided to put together a quick guide on how to get residency in Portugal. The Portekiz Schengen Residence Visa is by far the easiest way to stay in Portugal. This is specifically for Americans who are looking to relocate to Portugal. I am not familiar with the process for those making the move from other countries but I am sure some of this process can help if you are not coming from the US.
Sence sürecinde vardı deneyimini görmek için bu kılavuzu kullanın ancak sürecin zaman zaman değiştiğini bilebilir. If it does I will attempt to update this blog post. You can always follow our Portekiz Yaşam için Complete Guide to get other ideas on how to do basic stuff in the country. It is growing daily.
Neden Portekiz D7 Residency Vizesi
D7 vize ile, size Euro serbest harekete izin verir.
serbest hareketiyle Yani, you do not have to leave Europe every 90-days. You also get to begin the process towards EU citizenship.
Nasıl Portekiz D7 Residency Vizesi
-Uygulamak için kendi ülkenizde olmalıdır
-Kendini destekleyecek mali imkanlara sahip olmalı
-Pay the related fees (I will break those down later)
-Çalışma vize başvurusu Eğer bir çalışma sözleşmesi olmalıdır
Who can apply?
– Independent living
– Startup owners or small business owners
– Investors (If you invest €500,000 you can be eligible for the Golden Visa Program)
– To establish themselves as independent professionals in their field
How Much Does the Portugal D7 Residency Visa Cost?
İkimiz için D7 Residency vize toplam maliyeti hakkındaydı $256 ($128 each), artı $50 for an FBI background check and €158 each for the residency card We also paid $70 için acil çıkış hizmeti için Doğru Biyometri için geçmiş kontrolü hızlandırmak and €60 to the US Embassy in Lisbon to get my fingerprints. Worth every penny. We have some logical stuff like printing, getting notaries (You can get stuff noter çevrimiçi). Toplamda her birimiz hakkında ödenmiş $600 herşey için.
How Long Does the FBI Background Check Take?
doğrudan FBI isteği gönderirseniz, alır 4 months. If you pay the $70 Tek gereken sürecini hızlandırmak için 3 days. So, it’s a no-brainer, expedite the background check so you don’t waste time.
How to Apply Online for your Portugal D7 Residency Visa
Biz online uygulamalı Portuguese Consulate in Newark which is our local consulate. This was our local one since we reside in NJ. You have to go to the embassy associated with your main mailing address. You can see the tanımlamak için buraya hangi listeyle konsolosluk sizin için en iyisi olacağını.
Beklemek zorundaydık 2 months for our appointment since the embassy was pretty booked (Portugal is quite popular now). Once you go in for your appointment they legally have 30-days to approve or reject you. We literally got it on day 30. So assume that it will be 3-months for the whole process.
What you need to bring to the Portugal D7 Residency Visa appointment:
– için Doldurulmuş Başvuru Schengen vizesi
– Başvuru ücreti: $96 Money order (payable to the Consulate General of Portugal)
– Sağlık Sigortası Kanıtı – You must have a minimum of €30,000 coverage.
– finansal araçların Kanıtı: You can bring your 401k or bank account or investment account. To be eligible, Eğer yabancı gelir veya aylık alanlara yönelik € 6684 tutarında yapmalısınız 1 yetişkin, € ikinci yetişkin için 3.342 Euro, and €2,005 per kid. This changes so it’s probably higher now. Banka tabloların 6-aylık sağlamalıdır.
– One (45mm x 35mm) Beyaz arka plan üzerinde Renk headshots – You have to have a normal face no smile. Mine looks like crap.
– FBI Ceza Apostil ile Tutanak Belgesi (To receive this you have to send the FBI a notarize fingerprints. You can go to your local police precinct they will do it for you for a small fee. We went to the US Embassy. If you google around there are companies that will do it also for you. Also, Bunun için geçerlidir dikkat 90-günler. So best bet is to get your appointment with the consulate first then once you have a date get the fingerprints.)
– Ana pasaport sayfasının fotokopisi – The one with the photo and your numbers and stuff. I just copied all just in case.
– evlilik cüzdanı fotokopisi, bir eş ile gidiş varsa
– Çocuklarınızın doğum belgesi bir çocuk ile kullanacaksanız – If they are under 15 they don’t need an FBI background check. Lucky them!
– Bir Noter tasdikli Kişisel Açıklama – This pretty much is a letter saying why you want to move to Portugal. Keep it short and to the point. Ours said that we loved the country, wanted to learn the language (taking classes twice a week now), Bir başlangıç ve bir gün çalıştırmanızı Portekiz'de mülk satın almak istiyorum
– Portekiz konut süre kanıtı – We booked a hotel, but this is no longer acceptable. The new requirement is that you have a 6-month lease that is registered at the AT (it’s the equivalent of the IRS). This will make things more challenging as most Portuguese people won’t do short-term leases. It’s doable but challenging.
– Portekiz uçuş kanıtı – This one was tricky we had to make an assumption when we would get approved. So we set our flight exactly 40 gün konsoloslukta bizim görüşmeden sonra.
Birlikte tüm bu şeyler var ve randevu için gitmek kez, the Embassy will forward the package to the Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras (SEF) back in Portugal. Then you just wait for the 30-days to hear back.
Ne Onaylı Get kez Olur
Gün geldiğinde 30 hits you will receive an email with instructions for you to the consulate for them to give you a sticker which will go on your passport allowing you 3-months in Portugal. This sticker will give you a certain amount of exits from Schengen area. We only got two. So in the 3-months, gidemezsin Schengen bölgesi izin verilenden daha fazla.
Once we got the approval we flew to Portugal and began setting up our lives. One of the important things is you must call the SEF (Serviço De Estrangeiros e Fronteiras) in your city and make another appointment for the second extension. If you are in Lisbon you call +351 808 202 653. When you call, Bütün Mesajı dinlemek, then press 2. They will have someone who will speak English. Expect to spend 60 minutes on the phone – minimum.
Biz canlı İngilizce konuşan kişi var, we told them we had the 3-month visa and that we wanted to get the full 1-year residency visa. The woman on the phone then gave us an appointment. Some of our friends who went to a lawyer to do this got an appointment in 3 weeks. We did it ourselves and the appointment was 6 months later. Crazy, I know. Just know you are allowed to stay in Schengen while you wait for your appointment. So don’t freak out.
telefondaki kişi e-postanız soracaktır. You will get an email from the SEF with the time and date of your appointment. I would print it out and save a screenshot on your phone. In Portugal, print out and copy everything – this will make your life easier. They are paper obsessed. Even if you don’t think you need something, neyse getirmek.
Sizin Atama bekleyin iken Ne Yapmalı
You will need to get a NIF (Portuguese tax number), bir banka hesabı, and the NHR status (Non-Habitual Resident..aka not a tax resident so you don’t get double taxed). I will write the process to get both on another blog. All these are easy to do, ancak en fazla karmaşa da oldukça kolaydır.
Bir sonraki randevuya gittiğinizde, bring all the paperwork you have. Not the fingerprints but everything else. Also, bring Euros with you to pay the €158 fee. Then they will mail you your residence card in a few weeks. That’s it, Eğer bir kıdemlisisin.
Onaylandıktan sonra, you will have to renew after a year. The next renewal will give you 2-years. Then next one after that is for another 2-years. Once you are in Portugal as a resident of 5-years, you can begin the EU citizenship process or apply to be a Permanent resident. Just note you will probably have to speak Level 1 vatandaşlık sınavı geçmek için Portekiz.
To reiterate the process:
- Get an appointment with your local consulate
- parmak izi alın
- FBI geçmiş kontrolü alın
- uçuş / otel / sağlık sigortası alın
- Print out all documents (Application, hesap durumu, Personal Letter)
- Gerektiğinde noter belgeleri alın
- randevu git
- evrak ve ödeme ücreti El
- pasaportla çıkartması almak için 30 gün sonra gel
- Portekiz uçun
- Within 4-months set up the next appointment with SEF
- Portekiz ise eğlenceli güneşlenmek
sık sorulan Sorular
Ben bu bölümü eklemeye karar bu yüzden birkaç kişi süreciyle ilgili bazı sorular sormak zorunda.
How long is the visa process from start to finish?
Öyle geziyordu ben parmak izlerini almak gerekiyordu çünkü benim için yaklaşık 10 aydı, evrak, ABD'ye geriye yolculuk, randevuya gitmek, Daha sonra Portekiz gelmek, bölüm randevu, Bekleyin 6 months because it was only one they had then go into my final appointment. My FBI background check (valid for 3-months) had expired so I had to get it done again, bu yüzden beni yavaşladı bazı.
How long was the Portuguese visa process once I handed in my paperwork to the consulate?
From what I understand by EU law it has to be processed in 30-days. So literally on day 30, Ben konsolosluğa gelip benim vize uzatma almaya belirten bir e-posta aldım.
Do I have to give them my passport during the process?
No. You just need to make copies of the main pages of your passport during the process. We did leave the passport in Newark with them for 1-day so they could put the stamp on it. They were busy and we didn’t want to wait for 8-hours in the waiting area. We came in next day and a shiny new stamp was on the passport.
How much money do I need to be eligible for the visa?
İlk ücretleri dışında size 1 yıllık vizesi için size sürdürebilmek için tasarrufların belirli bir miktar ihtiyaç, for Portugal it’s €75 for entry and exit the country and 40€ per day. So about €14,600. But you can have that in credit cards, banka hesapları veya emeklilik fonları.
How much health insurance coverage do I need for the Schengen visa?
You need insurance for minimum coverage of €30,000 ($50,000). We got ours by Cigna. When you come to Portugal and get your NIF there are much ucuz Portekiz sağlık sigortası seçenekleri.
So that’s it. The process is pretty easy, but to get all the paperwork together and go through the “hoops” you have to have a lot of patience and Her şeyi yazdırmak için hatırlamak. Dealing with the consulate in the US is great. Nice people and very helpful. I wish you good luck in your residency process. Enjoy Portugal.
Portuguese D7 Visa Renewal Appointments
I will be updating these after going to them.
- 1st D7 Visa Appointment (must be scheduled as soon as you arrive in Portugal, gives you 1 year to stay in Portugal)
- 2nd D7 Visa Appointment(must be scheduled about 3 months after you get your extension, gives you 2 more years to stay in Portugal)
P.S.. – have questions? Ask us in the comments. Either Blanca or I will get back to you…but keep in mind IANAL and neither is Blanca – so just use this as a guide to help you get started.
P.P.S. – I wanted to give a shout out to Dr. Shannon Hafta, Dr. Alexis Shields ve şaşırtıcı Ms. Rachael Mazza. All really helped me understand the nuances of the process. Without them, Ben çevrimiçi forumlar yüzlerce kayıp olurdu, korkunç bok hükümet web siteleri bürokrasi ile ve tabii beklemeye.