When we were staying at out 4th AirBnB in Lisboa discovery mode was near the Amoreiras shopping center, I knew the area was more on the business/residential side – which I was looking for after a 10-day stay in the very fun (but loud) Alfama neighborhood. 照常, I started researching for places to explore. 我是一个狂热的沃克, so I was excited to be near (15 minutes by foot) to Parque Eduardo VII. 我的希望很快破灭，因为我读它是在什么Tripadvisor的一个令人失望的公园.
***Update – in 2016, this park underwent major renovations. It is prettier than ever and so worth the visit. It is so pretty that I actually ended up choosing the neighborhood for the park, Avenidas Novas when I decided to move to Lisbon.
我有件事要告诉你, TripAdvisor was WRONG! Not just a little wrong – seriously wrong. This park is AWESOME! I could see this becoming my daily walking spot if I lived in Lisboa. 让我打破为什么我爱的Parque爱德华七世这么多.
Marques de Pombal Square: ca 1934
阿当伊斯 贝穆德斯和安东尼奥·库托, 弗朗西斯科·桑托斯, 西蒙斯·德阿尔梅达, 和莱奥波尔多·德阿尔梅达.
这个 118 英尺高的纪念碑矗立在一个广场中间的Liberdade大道的终点, 右公园开始前. 这是令人印象深刻, to say the least. 雕塑的第一寄存器充满动荡, 紧张的场面描绘了地震. A male nude figure struggles to hold up columns of a crumbling building. 章鱼的土地侵占，因为它是由剧烈的水域有. 下一个寄存器显示顺序场面, growth, and commerce. 坚强的女人一起牛作为一个男人拉她旁边进行收割. 在她身后的男人犁土地, 和一名年轻男子携带一个聚宝盆. 在该组的前面的一大傀儡持有葡萄牙盾. 她之上, 一个女性裸体扬扬吸引眼球碑顶, 其中，马克斯的青铜雕塑矗立的胜利与狮子. 还有更多碑, 所以，去享受它, 但一定要带防晒霜和帽子. 这里没有覆盖. 也, 小心过马路看到它. 这是一个非常重要的十字路口和汽车往往要快左右回旋.
Geometric Gardens at Parque Eduardo VII
当你从私人物品纪念碑盯了, 你的眼睛是由几何园林绿条的方式导致了公园的顶部. 我发现他们可爱, 但我可以看到人们会如何找到他们平淡. 也没有从这里阳光覆盖, 所以步行的一侧，其中有从树木零星荫. This is also where everyone brings their dogs to play on sunny afternoons.
在公园里我最喜欢的地方是Estufa弗里亚. It’s an eight-hectare greenhouse that was erected around 1930 由建筑师劳尔Carapinha. 它是如此之大，实际上会有三种这里大棚. 之前到达那里, 你会注意到吨家禽湖. 按照与不起眼的门面建设这个. This is the entrance and largest part of the greenhouse; 该estufa弗里亚. 人们可以很容易这里迷路. It can also be a workout if you want it to be and if you want to get to the 热风炉 其中包含了温室的热带植物. 还有一个 12灶, 里面有仙人掌及肉质.
25 of April Monument: João Cutileiro
如果你疯了像我，并使其到山顶, 你会到达一个小空地有四个大柱子和纪念辛亥革命喷泉 1974. 这个地方也有塔霍河和城市的美丽的景色. The fountain kinda looks like an ejaculating phallus…but maybe my mind is in the gutter today. 你可以自己判断. This is also where everyone goes to watch the fireworks on New Year’s Eve.
这个花园, dedicated to the famous fadista Amalia. It’s also got a mother and child by Fernando Botero (I was born in Colombia – so I got a little excited at this). At this park, you will find some food trucks, an amphitheater of sorts and 十一 restaurant (1 Michelin Star).
这里有一个可爱的小咖啡馆带有几分湖充满了鱼. When I visited the Lisboetas brought their dogs here for a “swim”. I loved this! When the schools do their Praxes ceremonies (the equivalent of US college hazing…but not as serious (although the Portuguese think it is), this is where inductees are baptized. It’s just a cool place.
O Segredo: ca 1961 拉戈阿·恩里克斯
我不由得想起了LGBT斗争的同时，看着这个雕塑群. 我真的不知道，如果艺术家意味着要做到这一点, 但它确实. 我做了一些阅读, and the sculptor was quoted as saying “It is not a piece made to order. 这么做是为了我, was made to play a daze”. 秘密可以是任何东西, 我认为它是由观众弄明白. 确保窥视到这些华丽女装.
Carlos Lopes Pavilion: ca 1923
This is one of those places that used to break your heart, but was recently preserved and now looks gorgeous. It’s a sign of Portugal’s progress. 本白皮书和赭石建筑被架设了 1923 Rio de Janeiro Expo and was brought back and rebuilt at the park in 1932 为葡萄牙工业展览会. 它成为了会场, concert, and a sports hall. It had fallen into disrepair. 大楼外的一些最漂亮的瓷砖画在城市. 该 瓦 面板是由豪尔赫·Colaco做, 和雕塑由劳尔·泽维尔. I am leaving the old picture up so that when you get to visit Parque Eduardo VII, you can see just how much work was done. The building is now used for conferences, 派对, and pop-ups.
女性裸体: ca 1958: Vasco Pereira da Conceição
This piece broke my heart when I first saw it. 我不明白为什么人们决定搞破坏艺术. I understand the anger at the government, 但我不明白为什么人们觉得有必要污损艺术. I wonder if this was disenfranchised youth or a stupid tourist. 这是不正常污损艺术. My hopes that people continue to visit Lisbon and spend more money there so that at some point, 一旦国内反弹资金, there would enough money to pay this young lady some well-deserved attention came true. She is now grafitti free and looks divine. She reminds me of early Etruscan sculptures and some of Picasso’s work from the early 1920’s. 我爱她是肥大厚实美观。如果你在公园, 停经, 采取一些照片，给她一些爱，所以你可以把这个可爱的夫人更多的关注. 她应得的.
1. Sun Protection: 除非你走在公园的两侧, 你将需要大量的防晒. This means high-grade sunscreen and a hat.
2. Comfortable Shoes: 公园在里斯本的一个山丘. 穿着舒适的鞋子，使攀登更舒适.
3. Explore: You will find this park boring if you just stay in the center of the park. 熄灭路线，并检查了所有的隐藏的宝石.
你当然可以野餐在公园, 但如果你不喜欢拖着上坡的野餐篮, there are plenty of options for you:
1. Pizza Kiosk: 如果你对公园的底部, there is a kiosk that sells pizzas (€8), salads (€7), soups (€2) and toasts (€4). 有伞桌.
2. Food Trucks: 在山顶上, 后面四月纪念碑25日, by the amphitheater of Amalia Rodrigues, 有食品的卡车卖汉堡, 日本料理, 等等. 这里没有覆盖, 所以这是你多买即走的地方.
3. Linha d’Agua: This is all the way at the top of the park at the Amalia Rodrigues garden. 它有一个良好的鸡尾酒和出售小吃和糕点. 伟大的地方. 这将是我的选择.
4. 十一: 你不能只是走进这个联合. 它有米其林一星, 所以，如果你想在这里走, 预约. I didn’t go during my first trip, 但我终于参观 2016. 他们必须在35€一个伟大的午餐交易. The meal did not disappoint.
5. Praia No Parque: has replaced the old Restaurante Botequim Do Rei. I haven’t made it there yet, but look forward to trying it out.
6. El Corte Ingles: 不是技术上 在 公园, 但约一个街区之遥. The supermarket downstairs has tons of places to eat and the upstairs area now has a gourmet food court showcasing some of Portugal’s best chefs (who all happen to be male – but don’t get me started there).