While a lot of people in Europe speak English (especially in large cities like Paris or Brussels), once you go to the countryside, it is a different story - and that's where a lot of amazing i
These English to French Phrases will make all the difference. (Sure, they may snicker a little at your pronunciation, but you'll get that glass of white wine you're craving).
How to Order Food and Drink in French
RESERVING/GETTING A TABLE
Je voudrais reserver une table pour + (numberof people) + pour time of day - example:
- Je voudrais reserver une table pour deux personnes pour ce soir
- deux personnes (two people)
- trois personnes (three people)
- quattre personnes (four people)
- ce soir (tonight)
- pour demain matin
- cet après-midi (this afternoon)
- demain soir (tomorrow night)
- ce soir a huit heures et demie (tonight at 8:30)
I would like white wine: Juh vood-ray duh van blonk
Do you have a table for two?
The bill please: La-deeshon, si' voo play
I have an allergy to crustaceans?
A coffee, please?: Un caffay, si' voo play
For me, the chicken
How much is it?: Seh com-bien?
Latest posts by Blanca Valbuena (see all)
- Lisbon’s Santo António Feast - June 10, 2017
- Cemitério dos Prazeres (Pleasures Cemetery) in Lisbon - May 8, 2017
- British Cemetery Lisbon - April 12, 2017